Mariko was born in Hiroshima, Japan, and is in her sixth season with Alberta Ballet. She trained at Canada’s National Ballet School and has danced professionally with Leipzig Ballet in Germany and Opera Atelier in Toronto before joining Alberta Ballet in 2008. Mariko’s repertoire includes Princess Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty, Desdemona in Othello, the Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker, and Odette/Odile in Swan Lake.
- 398 days ago RT @CanadasNAC: @albertaballet Looking forward to hosting you! We are encouraging the audience to #GetYourEltonOn http://t.co/1cN6wxRxKD /CW
- 398 days ago Superb dancing @albertaballet and so lucky to sing with, Allyson McHardy, Ben Butterfield, and John Fanning, Peter Dala leading... Perf#1!
- 398 days ago RT @SchoolAlbertaBa: Some news about our tour from Wainwright @cenovus @RBCArts http://t.co/JGwrYeTEpB
- 398 days ago RT @CBCctm: Looking forward to toniite's performance of Mozart Requiem with @albertaballet & @calgaryphil - tho we singers trying NO ...
- 398 days ago Looking forward to toniite's performance of Mozart Requiem with @albertaballet & @calgaryphil - tho we singers trying NOT to watch the dance
- 398 days ago RT @SwerveCalgary: Today's Must Do: @albertaballet goes toe to toe with Mozart. See the world premiere by tower of power Yukichi Hattori ...
- 398 days ago A new requiem Tsunami gives Mozart’s classic new meaning for Alberta Ballet’s Japanese dancers http://t.co/lF5lkanNQ3
- 398 days ago Do you know the answer to this Q? Prove your Mozart knowledge @ our Trivia Walls @itsallatthejube #CelebratingMozart http://t.co/EfFb2RnWoc
- 398 days ago @calgaryherald 2011 Tsunami inspires @albertaballet dancers in new production of Mozart's Requiem @albertaballet #sceneyyc #yycarts