Male Company Artist
(Soloist or Principal Level)
If you are an experienced professional dancer with strong, classical ballet technique and extensive partnering experience, we invite you to consider auditioning for a position with Alberta Ballet.
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. See audition requirements below.
Alberta Ballet is seeking male and female dancers with strong, classical ballet technique for its 2018/2019 Season! Male dancers must be no less than 5’ 8” inches tall (173cm).
Alberta Ballet will be holding Open Auditions in the following cities:
Date: Saturday, February 17, 2018
School of American Ballet
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
70 Lincoln Center Plaza
New York, NY 10023
Date: Sunday, February, 18, 2018
Canada’s National Ballet School
400 Jarvis Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 2G6
Date: Sunday, February 25, 2018
Alberta Ballet Studios
141 18th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2S 0B8
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for updates. If you are unable to attend any of our open auditions, we do allow for private auditions at our Calgary Studios by INVITATION ONLY.
Audition applications accepted beginning November 14, 2017.
All applicants must submit the following material. Your application will not be processed unless all the required documents, photos and videos are submitted.
Email your completed application to email@example.com.
1. Complete CV (accepted formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf)
- Must include your email address, height, date of birth, citizenship, training and performance experience.
2. Photographs (accepted formats: .jpg, .pdf)
- One headshot
- One full body arabesque position.
- Additional photographs in dance positions are useful but not required.
3. Video Link (accepted formats: YouTube or Vimeo Links)
- One classical variation*.
- One contemporary variation*.
- Additional video that is useful but not required: Pas de deux work, a jump exercise (men may include entrechat six and double tour en l’air), a turn exercise and an adage.
- Barre and other class work is not needed.
- Please remember to include a password if needed and keep your video work available for viewing until March 31, 2018.
- Please do not email video files, they will not be downloaded and your application will be considered incomplete.